What we are looking for
The Marketing & Business Development Coordinator supports the team with proposal writing, research and BD tracking, assisting with internal and external events, drafting communication, content management/creation and more. This role requires both creativity and linear thinking, making it the perfect opportunity for someone that operates with a balance of right and left brain work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include, but are not limited to the following. These duties describe the minimum activities of this position. These duties are subject to change in order to accommodate the needs of the company.
- Proposal Writing – Works with the Director of Project Development to respond to RFQs and RFPs in a professional, timely, and accurate manner that reflects the qualifications, experience, and history of the Corporation.
- Research – Supports the Business Development Department and the process of acquiring new business for the Corporation. Performs research to help further develop the company’s marketing principles and expand client list.
- Information Management – Creates and updates informative publications such as resumes, company brochures, presentations, newsletters, website, and other company marketing collateral.
- Business Development – Savvy SalesForce guru – managing and updating all contacts and opportunities, pulling reports, in partnership with Estimating team and Director of Strategic Partnerships
- Social Media – Understands and implements social media strategies, manage social media calendar, accounts, and draft copy for posts.
- Professional Development – Is interested in advancing marketing and business development skills by getting involved in industry events and other business related activities.
- Organization – Coordinate and assist teams in preparing for project interviews and presentations
- Event Planning – Work with the Employee Development Manager to manage internal/external events
- Design / Photography – Coordinate with our creative content consultants to develop documents using InDesign templates and Creative Cloud. Coordinate and schedule meetings with our creative content consultants
- Graphic Design—would be a plus but not required
- Photo/videography—would be a plus but not required
- Website Updates—coordinate new hire additions to team page, staff headshots, and general website updates with our team.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Technical – Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and SalesForce.
Time Management – Ability to multi-task, collaborate, self-motivate, and organize.
Proficient writing – Excellence in proposal writing and editing, communication, and correspondence.
Relations – Ability to establish good relations with potential clients and all levels of fellow employees; involved in industry related organizations and interested in non-profit volunteer roles.
Strategic – Ability to create a marketing plan that supports company goals.
Teamwork – Is enthusiastic, creative, humorous, detail oriented, motivational, flexible, and professional.
Background – Strong knowledge of the A/E/C industry and regional issues.
Driven – Self-motivated and works effectively and efficiently when it comes to meeting project deadlines under tight time constraints.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, marketing or communications preferred, or 3-5 years progressive experience in related activities.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as Requests for Qualifications, Requests for Proposals, and Bid Instructions. Ability to speak effectively in one-on-one situations with customers and employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid driver’s license and good DMV record to operate vehicle on company’s behalf.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Recognized as a self-starter and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work well with others and achieve team goals
- Highly dependable with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to supervise and mentor marketing and business development associate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, and walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee occasionally is required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and to walk up to 1 mile daily. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts; in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, and fumes or airborne particles.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: MarketOne Builders, Inc. is a drug-, smoke- and alcohol-free workplace. Drug testing is a requirement for employment
MarketOne Builders, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.