(Local Sacramento Candidates Only)
What we are looking for
The Project Engineer’s primary duty is to support the efforts of the Project Manager and Superintendent while obtaining the working experience and training to allow his/her successful growth into one of these positions in the future. Project Engineers are Project Managers and/or Superintendents in training. This role can expand into an Assistant Superintendent or Assistant Project Manager as recommendations and experience dictates. Most duties will be performed in participation with the Project Manager and/or Superintendent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include, but are not limited to the following. These duties describe the minimum activities of this position. Thee duties are subject to change in order to accommodate the needs of the company.
- Assist in drafting subcontracts.
- Assist in seeking bids and price quotations for the purpose of subcontractor and material buyout.
- Assist in inputting and updating the Project Master and Short Interval Schedules.
- Assist/lead in developing the submittal log and schedule.
- Review and process submittals including expediting their distribution and following up on critical and long lead items.
- Assist in maintaining records for time keeping, safety, materials and costs.
- Provide dimensional data and detail clarification for M1B and subcontractor field staff as requested or directed. Coordinate all information provided with M1B’s superintendent prior to its release.
- Review Construction Documents for familiarization. Depending on experience, will either assist or take the lead in processing RFI’s, submittals and change orders.
- Assist Project Manager with take-offs for purpose of change order pricing.
- Input all RFI’s and plan changes onto construction set of plans for the purpose of maintaining an on-going set of As-Builts. Assist PM in information flow and distribution.
- Perform filing, clerical and other miscellaneous duties as needed or directed.
- Assist Superintendent in expediting approvals and deliveries of materials and subcontractors.
- Assist/lead M1B’s Quality Control process.
- Assist in helping to maintain jobsite safety.
- Continued education/training- i.e. LEED certification and implementation, BIM implementation, Suretrak scheduling, 10 hour OSHA, etc.
- Develop positive relationship with subcontractors
- Respect and learn from field personnel supervising and performing the work
- A Project Engineer’s primary function is to be task-oriented and not task-fragmented. Never allow your project duties to overwhelm your completion of a specific schedule driven task. Organize your daily activities to allow timely completion of the aforementioned duties and seek the input from supervisors to confirm the priority of tasks if in question.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Civil or Mechanical Engineering or and/or 5 years progressive experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as plans and specifications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively in one-on-one situations with customers and employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid driver’s license and good DMV record to operate company vehicle.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Recognized as a self-starter and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well with others and achieve team goals.
- Highly dependable with excellent organizational and time management skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, and walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee occasionally is required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and to walk up to ½ mile daily. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
MarketOne Builders, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.