What we are looking for
We are currently looking for a veteran Project Manager to lead a team in the North Bay Area. This individual will manages the overall project direction, completion and financial outcome for assigned projects. The Project Manager is responsible for directing and mentoring on-site staff. The position requires business management acumen and must demonstrate strong leadership, organizational and time management skills, as well as have strong communication and client service skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include, but are not limited to the following. These duties describe the minimum activities of this position. Thee duties are subject to change in order to accommodate the needs of the company.
- Prepare and execute the bidding and estimating functions of projects, including preparation of bid instructions, pre-bid meetings, and subcontractor buy-out.
- Represent company ideals and performance through accuracy and commitment to project success.
- Perform constructability reviews and work with Estimators on alternate construction means and methods, site logistics, general requirements, hoisting systems, and staffing requirements
- Control and monitor all aspects of project documentation, including Information Requests, Change Orders, Submittals, Subcontractor Coordination Meetings, Owner/Architect Meetings, Punch List, and Close Out documentation.
- Manage all aspects of project cost control, including issuing Subcontracts and purchase orders, establishing project budgets, tracking change orders, issuing subcontract change orders, preparation of Owner Payment Applications, and managing the overall profitability and cash flow of projects.
- Work with the Project Superintendents to create a master project schedule and procurement schedule. Update monthly Owner schedules and weekly short interval ‘rolling schedules’.
- Adhere to and promote administration of the company Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in training and personal development opportunities as offered by MarketOne Builders, Inc.
- Work with Business Development team members to discover, solicit and procure new business opportunities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The successful candidate will possess:
- 5+ years of experience as a commercial construction project manager, preferably within MarketOne’s core markets.
- Excellent listening skills and have strong communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Must have the ability to be self-motivated and effectively interact with team members internally and externally.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Project Management software, and Scheduling software (Microsoft Project) as well as basic computer skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or similar.
- Extensive knowledge of construction methods and materials, costing, scheduling and estimating.
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.